Moving Further Upstream: Recognizing Our Role and Responsibility in Challenging the Structural Determinants of Health Inequities is a recorded webinar series that tailored each webinar for a specific audience: Local Health Departments and Public Health Workers, Total Worker Health Partners, and Students and Faculty.
- Recognize how health is socially produced and that health disparities are human-made
- Distinguish Structural Determinants of Health Inequities (SDOHI) from Social Determinants of Health
- Identify processes underlying SDOHI
- Define SDOHI terminology and/or concepts
- Define steps public health practitioners can take to address SDOHI
- Recognize taking action on SDOHI is the way to achieve health equity and that addressing power at upstream and local level is key
Participants are eligible for 1 Contact Hour offered by the UIC School of Public Health.